This position will be responsible to provide case management or support services to agency consumers during staff vacancies or shortages across all agency programs, including Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program, Rapid Rehousing Programs, Workforce Development Programs, Emergency Shelter Programs, and all support service programs.
This position requires a high level of experience with and knowledge of social services, as well as the ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new roles and programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct assessments to establish a housing stability plan, determine eligibility, and provide intake and financial assistance to individuals/families to prevent homelessness or to rapidly rehouse individuals/families who are literally homeless.
- Manage a caseload of homeless individuals and families requiring supportive services in emergency shelters and/or housing programs.
- Assist with locating and obtaining suitable housing, securing utilities, and providing landlord/Tenant education.
- Assist consumers with attaining housing stability and self-sufficiency through the development of a housing stability plan and individual service plan.
- Provide case management services according to case management standards of each program assigned.
- Develop a network of social service providers, and refer consumers to appropriate resources, link consumers to mainstream benefits, and provide advocacy and support to program consumers.
- Instruct consumers in basic life skills including home maintenance, comparative shopping, budgeting, laundry, health/hygiene, nutrition, parenting, self-esteem, communication, and other topics as needed/requested.
- Monitor and support consumer progress through scheduled personal and telephone contacts, and post-exit follow-up.
- Document ongoing work with each consumer including service plan updates, identifying systemic barriers to consumer self-sufficiency, as well as all consumer contacts.
- Complete reports as required by funding sources, monitoring agencies, and the
COO and CEO.
- Participate in monthly disposition meetings, required staff meetings, and consumer review meetings.
- Other related duties as required.
- Provide excellent supportive services to consumers that will result in meeting individual consumer plans for self-sufficiency.
- Develop and utilize a broad network of resources to best service consumers.
- Display a professional role model for consumers.
- Maintain accurate and up to date files on all consumers.
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or a related field from an accredited college or university. A Master’s Degree is preferable. Requires a minimum combination of education and experience that fulfills the knowledge and experience base required for this position.
The person in this position must demonstrate outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and concerns. This position requires an individual with outstanding clinical skills and the ability to work well with people from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. The individual must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, combined with strong interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties described herein, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, maneuver stairs, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position reports to:
1414 Meetinghouse Rd.
Boothwyn, PA 19061
Because this position involves frequent travel to other worksites and consumer residences, within Delaware County, a valid PA Driver’s License is required.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
I certify that I have read this position description and understand my duties and responsibilities as stated herein. I further understand that this job description does not in any way constitute a contract for continued employment. Community Action Agency of Delaware County, Inc. maintains an at-will policy of employment, which means that employment and compensation may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either the employer or the employee.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date
To apply for this position, send a resume with cover letter to:
201 West Front Street
Media, PA 19063
Fax #: 610-565-9332 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org