Shape your Community!
Participate in the 2020 Census!
Visit 2020Census.gov to learn more!
- The U.S. Constitution requires that each decade we take a count— or a census—of America’s population.
- Census results help determine how billions of dollars in federal funding flow into states and communities each year.
- It’s mandated by the U.S. Constitution in Article 1, Section 2: The U.S. has counted its population every 10 years since 1790.
- The census provides vital information for you and your community.
- It determines how many representatives each state gets in Congress and is used to redraw district boundaries.
- Redistricting counts are sent to the states by March 31, 2021.
- Communities rely on census statistics to plan for a variety of resident needs including new roads, schools, and emergency services.
- Businesses use census data to determine where to open places to shop