Healthy Homes and Economic Development Initiatives
Safe and Healthy Homes
The purpose of the Safe and Healthy Homes Program is to provide education and interventions to promote healthy homes and prevent injuries. The program conducts comprehensive home assessments to provide education, resource and interventions to prevent safety problems and injuries before negative outcomes occur. Assessments focus on the 7 principles of a healthy home to keep it dry, clean, pest free, safe, ventilated, poison free and maintained.
Requirements and Eligibility:
• Available to Homeowners and renters
• Homes with family members under 22 years of age and/or with a pregnant woman
• Meet income eligibility: Households with active enrollment in WIC, LIHEAP, Medicaid, Free or reduced school lunch, Nurse Family Partnership, Cash Assistance, Weatherization or under 300% of the federal poverty guidelines. Verification of participation or income is required.
• The households primary residents must also include at least one of the following:
* Family member with asthma (child)
* Pregnant Women
* a child at risk for lead exposure (homes pre 1978 with peeling or chipping paint)
* Safety hazards (fall, fire, and poisoning hazards)
* Child with special healthcare needs (even if over 300% of income limit)
* Program is extended to homes where a child (under 22) spends a significant amount of time but may not physically live there.
Lead Hazard Control Program
CAADC’s Lead Hazard Control Program is designed to remove lead-based paint hazards from the homes of low-income families with children under the age of 6. All services are free, pending proof of eligibility.
For more information please call (610) 833-4453.
Delaware County Construction Company
The Delaware County Construction Company is a division of Community Action Agency of Delaware County, Inc. (CAADC). The private construction company is fully licensed and insure to provide both commercial and residential construction services, specializing in ADA modifications/retrofits. It is also a Lead-Safe Certified Firm.
For additional information please contact our Construction Manager at (610) 833-4453.
Weatherization for the Public and Local Businesses
CAADC has a new opportunity available to homeowners, landlords and business owners to help them save on energy costs. CAADC has been providing Weatherization services to eligible low-income families for over thirty (30) years. Now CAADC is making this service available to the public at a very affordable costs. A portion of the revenue will support the Agency’s social service programs.
Interested residents and businesses should call (610) 521-8770 to schedule an initial Home Energy Audit or for more information.